Externally biased condenser
Gold sputtered 1/2” capsule
Heavy-duty satin-nickel plated body
Dual power operation
Surface mount circuitry
Full frequency response
Available as Certified Match Pair
The NT5 is RØDE's premier small-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone, sometimes referred to as a 'pencil mic'.
Intended for recording acoustic instruments, drum overheads, cymbals and live performances, the compact externally polarized mic employs a 1/2" capsule, an active J-FET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer.
Its tight cardioid pickup pattern also makes it ideal for use as an indoor dialogue microphone for filmmaking on a mic stand or boom.
Expanding the NT5's versatility, an interchangeable omnidirectional capsule (NT45-O) is available.
Finished in durable satin nickel, the NT5 available as a single microphone or as an acoustically matched pair.
The NT5 is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE's industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: [Cardioid]
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 100Ω
- Maximum SPL: 143dBSPL
- Maximum Output Level: 13.9mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Sensitivity: -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level: (A-weighted) 16dBA
- Power Options: [+24V phantom power] [+48V phantom power]
- Weight: 101.00g
- Dimensions: 118.00mmH x 20.00mmW x 20.00mmD
- Output: [XLR Output]