The RGD is Ibanez's ultimate metal machine. The demands of down-tuning require a specifically designed responsiveness not found in "normal" guitars. To optimize for the rich, desirable thickness of tone that down-tuning produces, we extended the neck by one inch to a 26.5" scale. Longer-than standard yet not overly long. The neck is still considered a "fast" neck for speed soloing. Extra-deep cutaways grant comfortable access to the necks highest notes.
Nitro Wizard Neck
Legendary Super-thin, ultra-playable neck with road-tested durability.
Birdseye Maple fretboard
DiMarzio® Fusion Edge Pickups
Through close collaboration between Ibanez and DiMarzio®-Fusion Edge pickups have been engineered to produce a powerful, distinctive tone with a crisp, cutting high end, and a tight, compressed bottom end, minus any muddy mid-range.
Gibraltar Standard II Bridge
The Gibraltar Standard II is a simple fixed bridge that was designed to unify with the guitar's body and provide optimal transfer of each string's vibration. Smooth surface is designed to maximize playing comfort.
Gotoh® MG-T locking machine heads
The Gotoh® MG-T locking machine heads achieve incredible tuning stability, cutting down string-changing time.
- neck type: Nitro Wizard-7 3pc Maple/Purpleheart neck
- body: Poplar Burl top/Layered Swamp Ash body
- fretboard: Birdseye Maple fretboard
- fret: Jumbo frets
- bridge: Gibraltar Standard II-7 bridge
- neck pickup: DiMarzio® Fusion Edge (H) neck pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- bridge pickup: DiMarzio® Fusion Edge (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- factory tuning: 1D, 2A, 3F, 4C, 5G, 6D, 7A
- string gauge: .010/.013/.017/.026/.036/.046/.059
- hardware color: Black
- Scale : 673mm/26.5"
a : Width 48mm at NUT
b : Width 68mm at 24F
c : Thickness 19mm at 1F
d : Thickness 21mm at 12F
- Radius : 400mmR
- Gotoh® MG-T locking machineheads