Fender is guided by one clear, simple directive: make life better for musicians. While the original Telecaster certainly did that (and then some), we weren't content to rest on our laurels. Our team of mad scientists examined every component in near-microscopic detail. If we were able to improve it with a new design or modern materials we did; if it didn't need improvement, we left it alone. When the wood chips and solder fumes settled, what was left was the American Professional Telecaster—everything you need to play your best.
Two Tim Shaw-designed V-Mod single-coil Telecaster pickups
New Telecaster bridge with compensated brass barrel saddles for better intonation
New modern "Deep C”-shaped neck profile
Bone nut; 22 narrow-tall frets for easier bending
Treble bleed circuit maintains highs when reducing volume
Includes Elite Molded hardshell case
V-Mod Telecaster pickups are engineered with a proprietary blend of alnico magnet types. Each pickup is voiced specifically for its position, creating high-output tone with vintage warmth and the crisp, clear sound that made Fender a legend.
NEW “DEEP C” NECK PROFILE
Designed for comfort and speed, the new American Professional “Deep C” neck profile sports more substantial shoulders. The increased mass and altered geometry creates a more natural feel that’s perfect for chord and single-note playing alike.
Narrow-tall frets are taller and narrower than their medium jumbo cousins, making them especially effective for bending notes and playing chords up the neck with perfect intonation.
The new Telecaster bridge sports three compensated brass barrel saddles for accurate intonation and vintage-informed tone. Combining vintage style with modern feel and performance, the redesigned “ashtray” cover stays out of your way, even when palm-muting.
The treble-bleed circuit maintains the high end when turning down the volume knob to reduce gain, letting your tone shine through, no matter where the instrument’s volume is set.
An original-era Fender design element, a bone nut contributes to superior tone and performance. Many players consider bone nuts to be more “organic” sounding.
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Modern "Deep C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex™
- Truss Rod Nut: 1/8" American Series
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Telecaster
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Telecaster
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3-Saddle, Strings-Through-Body Tele with Compensated Brass Saddles, 6 screw mounting with removable modern "Ashtray" Bridge Cover
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Switch Tip: Black
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case
- Included Accessories: Elite Molded Case