One of the rarest Fender instruments ever. Only a handful of prototype semi-hollow Starcaster Bass models appeared during the mid 1970s, distinctive as the only offset semi-hollow bass guitar in Fender history, to say nothing of its two enormous humbucking pickups. After decades of virtually fabled status, the electrifying Modern Player Starcaster Bass offers superior sound, build and beauty ideal for bassists with a flair for appealingly unconventional Fender style. With its thin semi-hollow offset body with stylish f holes, short scale (30"), dual humbucking bass pickups and much more, you could say the Starcaster Bass is "better than it never was."
Thin semi-hollow offset body with bound maple top and back, and bound f holes
30” short scale length
Maple neck with “C” profile and distinctive Starcaster headstock
9.5”-radius maple fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo fret
Dual Fender Wide Range humbucking bass pickups
Four-saddle Fender High-Mass bridge
SEMI-HOLLOW MAPLE BODY WITH ALDER CENTER BLOCK
A big part of this instrument’s resonant tonal character comes from its semi-hollow maple body, which improves on the original design with an alder center block for more sustain and less susceptibility to feedback.
WIDE RANGE BASS HUMBUCKING PICKUPS
Like the very small number of original mid-1970s prototypes, the Starcaster Bass features a pair of large Wide Range humbucking bass pickups that produce full-bodied tonal character and impart a cool vintage-authentic look.
This bass features Fender’s classic short scale length (30”) for pronounced playing comfort for students and beginners, smaller players and anyone who enjoys the easy reach of a short-scale bass.
The specially designed Hi-Mass bridge on this bass has a cool contemporary look. It also has a lot of metal, which means it has a lot of mass for rock-solid sustain, intonation and tuning stability.
For an especially refined look, the Starcaster Bass features elegant white binding on the top and bottom of its offset semi-hollow body.
This instrument features a stylish and great-feeling modern neck with a comfortable “C” profile (the shape of the neck in cross section), smooth-playing finish and fingerboard, and convenient adjustability for periodic maintenance. The latest in smooth Fender playability.
- Body Material: Alder with Maple Top and Back
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Other
- Body Binding: Bound Top and Back
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 30" (762 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Fender "Wide Range" Humbucking Bass
- Neck Pickup: Fender "Wide Range" Humbucking Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HH
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Fender Hi-Mass
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Legal Notice: Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional Gig Bag Available (p/n 0991622206)
- Included Accessories: None