With its cool Fender “hockey stick” headstock from the 1960s, the Villager™ 12 String is indeed a sight to behold, but this guitar leaves an impression in more ways than its fun good looks. Originally introduced in 1965, today’s Villager 12 String dreadnought has been updated for the modern player’s needs, with a convenient cutaway and high-quality onboard electronics. Acoustically, this solid spruce-topped guitar offers all the chiming resonance you expect from a great 12-string. Its smooth “C”-shaped neck profile is comfortable for rock, pop, folk and any other music style in which nothing but the full lushness of 12 strings will do.
12-string dreadnought cutaway body style
Fishman® Isys™ III pickup system with active preamp, tuner, volume and tone controls
Solid spruce top with scalloped “X” bracing, mahogany back and sides
Maple neck with “C”-shaped profile
Rosewood bridge with compensated bone saddle
Gold pickguard, checkerboard rosette, multiple body binding
FISHMAN® PREAMP WITH BUILT-IN TUNER
A Fishman® pickup/preamp system gives your acoustic instrument peerless amplified performance, with a variety of onboard controls and no compromise whatsoever on pure, rich and resonant acoustic tone. The built-in tuner is conveniently placed right where you can see it, helping to keep your intonation right on the money.
Scalloped bracing is thinner than more conventional bracing. That means that the bracing pattern inside the guitar uses less wood, which means that soundboard mass is reduced. This lets the top resonate more freely, resulting in better tone with more nuance and greater projection.
BONE NUT AND SADDLE
String nuts and bridge saddles fashioned from bone contribute to brighter, clearer acoustic tone. Many players consider them more "organic" sounding, with tonal quality unmatched by string nuts and bridge saddles made using synthetic materials.
FENDER COATED STRINGS
Simply put, coated strings sound better and last longer. Your strings are where the rubber meets the road, so to speak, and they’re continually exposed to dirt, grime, the vagaries of climate and oxidation, and more. Fender coated strings resist all of this tone-deadening unpleasantness with marvelously smooth feel, improved resistance to corrosion and longer life.
An acoustic guitar with a solid top literally resonates with a more individual tonal character, more "organic" consistency and a more "true" voice.
- Body Back: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Sides: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Top: Solid Spruce
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Body Binding: Multiple
- Bracing: Scalloped X
- Rosette: Checkerboard
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.3" (643 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 11.81" (300 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.77" (45 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Special Electronics: Fishman® Isys III System with Active Onboard Preamp and Tuner
- Bridge: Rosewood with Compensated Bone Saddle
- Bridge Pins: White with Black Dots
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Aged White Plastic Buttons
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Gold
- Strings: Fender® Phosphor Bronze 70-12L, 80/20 (.010-.048 Gauges)
- Other Features: Vintage Fender® Villager™ Headstock Shape, Fender Tight Dreadnought Body Shape, Dual Action Truss Rod, "Viking" Fender Bridge, Factory Mounted Forward Strap Button with Internal Block Reinforcement, White Dot Inlays, Soft "C" Shaped Neck, Bone Nut and Saddle
- Legal Notice: Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice
- Case/Gig Bag: None
- Included Accessories: None