Analogue Ribbon Synthesizers
Korg puts the thrill of the analog synthesizer into everyone’s hands, with the monotron, the monotron DUO, and the monotron DELAY
Go Anywhere Analog: That was the theme behind the remarkable battery-powered and palm-sized Korg analog synthesizer dubbed the monotron. The powerful and fun-to-play monotron analog synthesizer has been joined by two siblings. The Dual Oscillator monotron DUO offers X-MOD capabilities for generating even more extreme sounds. The monotron DELAY features a Space Delay that can produce intense, analog-like echo effects. Best of all, they’re a blast to play. Each is equipped with a ribbon keyboard and a live, ready-to-be tweaked front panel offering five knobs and a single switch. This simple operation and ease of use invites hours of enjoyment and musical exploration.
Casual users and gadget mavens will quickly enjoy performing melodies, DJs can create dazzling effects on stage, while established players can add analog muscle to their performance – the possibilities are virtually endless. Grab a monotron, monotron DUO, or monotron DELAY, and get in touch with the exciting world of Korg analog synths.
monotron DELAY key features:
- Space Delay with Time and Feedback controls offers analog-style echoes
- New Pitch LFO with selectable Waveshape, Rate, and Intensity controls
- VCF with Cutoff Control
- Wide-range ribbon controller keyboard
- Original Analog (VCF) Filter taken from the classic MS-10 & MS-20
- Aux input jack lets you apply filter and delay to any audio source
- Built-in speaker and battery power for Go Anywhere Analog sound
- Headphone jack for private use
Classic Analog Synth / Space Delay Combination
A good delay was an essential part of the classic analog synthesizer sound. More often than not, that delay came from a tape-style echo machine until affordable digital delays were created. The monotron DELAY is an analog synthesizer optimized for sound effects. In addition to its analog oscillator, filter, and LFO, it also provides a Space Delay that's indispensable for swooping, cosmic sounds. The monotron DELAY even reproduces the pitch changes that occur when you vary the delay time, just as though you were using an analog tape echo. As with the filter, the delay effect can be added to any external sound via the Aux In jack. This fat and warm delay will add an authentic edge to your analog sounds!
The Low Frequency Oscillator (LFO) waveform used to modulate the pitch now offers a choice of waveshapes – a new square wave plus the traditional triangle wave. Both the Rate (Speed) and the Intensity (Depth) can be adjusted independently. In addition, a trimpot on the back panel can continuously adjust the shape/direction of the triangle wave or the pulse-width of the square wave to deliver even more versatility. Used in conjunction with the delay, the LFO can create dazzling effects and provide unique possibilities for embellishing your songs.
Wide-Range Ribbon Keyboard
The monotron DELAY's ribbon controller keyboard features a wide, four-octave range. This design allows the pitch to be controlled even more aggressively and dynamically, making the monotron DELAY a great weapon for a DJ to get the floor moving with irresistible sound. The reversed white keys and body adornments glows under black light illumination, making the monotron DELAY ideal for delivering a striking visual impact in nearly any club environment.
- Synthesizer structure: 1 VCO (Sawtooth Wave); 1 VCF; 1 LFO
- Switch: Standby / LFO to Pitch / LFO to Filter
- Knobs: VCO Pitch, LFO Rate, LFO Int., VCF Cutoff, VCF Peak
- Controller: Ribbon Controller
- Synthesizer structure: 2 VCOs (Square Wave) with X-Mod; 1 VCF
- Switches: Standby / VCO1 / VCO1+2
- Scale Select Button: (Chromatic -> Major -> Minor -> Off)
- Knobs: VCO1 Pitch, X-MOD Int., VCO2 Pitch, VCF Cutoff, VCF Peak
- Controller: Ribbon Controller with Scale Select
- Synthesizer structure: 1 VCO (Sawtooth Wave); 1 VCF; 1 LFO; DELAY
- Switch: Standby / LFO ? Shape / LFO ? Shape
- Knobs: LFO Rate, LFO Int., VCF Cutoff, DELAY Time, DELAY Feedback
- Rear Panel Trimpot: LFO Shape
- Controller: Wide Range Ribbon Controller
- Volume: Headphone Volume
- Aux Input: 1/8" Stereo Jack
- Headphone Output: 1/8" Stereo Jack
- Speaker: Miniature Internal; Disabled when headphones are in use
- Power Supply: AAA batteries (x2), recommended alkaline batteries
- Battery Life: Approximately 8 hours (with alkaline batteries)
- Accessories: Owner’s Manual, AAA batteries x2 (for verifying operation)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 120 mm x 72 mm x 28 mm / 4.72” x 2.83” x 1.10”
- Weight: 95g / 3.35 oz. (without batteries)
* Specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice for improvement.