Akai Professional introduces Force
Standalone music production/DJ performance device has clip launching, step sequencing, sampling, synths and a 7-inch touch display that captures the modern clip-based workflow. Redefine your expectations. Force blurs the lines between contemporary music production solutions and next-generation DJ performance technology, setting the precedence for a new industry standard. Fusing clip-launching, step sequencing, sampling, synth engines and tactile touch screen control into a standalone, performance-driven device, Force combines must-have modern functionality with an ultra-intuitive workflow that harnesses your creativity for maximum expressive capability.
Force features an 8x8 RGB clip launch matrix, a 7-inch full-colour touch-capacitive multi-touch display, 8 touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays, 2 audio inputs, 4 audio outputs, MIDI and CV I/O. Together, this comprehensive versatility allows the user an unprecedented degree of creative freedom and expression, while remaining totally free from constraints of being tethered to a computer. At the heart of Force is an intuitive clip-centric workflow that forms the creative core of any performance. Combine multiple modes with plugin tracks, MPC-Style drum tracks, Audio tracks, Keygroup tracks, MIDI tracks and CV tracks to define clip types, then sculpt clips via step sequencing, drum pad performances and note data either from the onboard grid editor, smartscales, chords or progressions.
Additional features include time stretching/pitch-shifting in real time, a comprehensive set of on-board effects by AIR Music Technology, including the TubeSynth, Bassline and Electric synth engines. It also boasts an additional synth called Hype, a preset and macro-based synth combining several different synth engines into a single easy-to-use package. Force also has the ability to record 8 stereo tracks.
Out-the-box, Force comes preloaded with 10GB+ of must-have sounds from industry leading sample content providers including SampleTools by CR2, MSX Audio and Sample Magic. With 248 Kits, 16 Demo Projects, 2500+ loops and 500+ patterns, Force’s core library provides immediate access to the most sought-after sounds to inspire your creativity from the get-go.
- Standalone – no computer required
- 8x8 clip launch matrix with RGB LEDs
- 7” full colour capacitive multitouch display
- Mic/instrument/line inputs, 4 outputs
- MIDI In/Out/Thru
- 4 configurable CV/Gate outputs
- Remix, mash-up, DJ and produce with 6 track types for complete audio/MIDI/CV sequencing and performance capability
- Performance modes including 16-pad drums, notes, smart scales, chords & progressions
- MPC sample editing
- Automatic BPM detection, real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting
- 8 touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays
- 4 powerful, fully-editable synth engines
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- Full-Size SD card slot & 2 USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)